Mud gas separator is commonly called a gas-buster or poor boy degasser. It captures and separates large volume of free gas within the
drilling mud. If there is a “KICK” situation, this vessel separates
the mud and the gas by allowing it to flow over baffle plates. The
gas then is forced to flow through a line and vent it to a flare.
Mud Gas SeparatorTechnical Parameters
For oil and gas well drilling, we usually set mud gas separator
ahead of shale shakers. The drilling mud out of well bore will flow into degasser via the
chock manifold. After degassed, fluid will flow out of degasser
into shaker by pass or possum belly. Degasser will help get rid of
large quantity invading gas. These is harmful and toxic gas may
lead blow out.
When fluid mixed with gas enters into degasser, the baffle plate will help break gas bubbles inside. The gas will
flow up to vent line. With special design on degasser mud leg, the
gas is not able to flow back again. Degassed drilling fluid can be
processed safely by subsequent equipment
To achieve great performance, we kindly suggest Q345B material to
resist H2S air. And the pressure vessel certification will give user more
confidence for some special working condition. At Aipu solids
control, APMGS1200 mud gas separator is rather popular. Please find
more information below.
Features of AIPU Mud Gas Separator
- 1.H2S resistant material for longer life.
- 2.Large flow rate.
- 3.Efficient degassing performance.
- 4.Mud seal design for clean mud flow out.
- 5.Pressure vessel certification available.
- 6.Customization on vessel diameter.
- 7.Support leg with elevation or not.
- 8.Common steel at economical cost is for option.
- 9.Heavy anticorrosive painting both internal appearance and
How To Choose a Mud Gas Separator?
- 1.Drilling mud system flow rate
- 2.Confirm do you need H2S resistant or not
- 3.Any customization on mud gas separator